Free

APPYS,

"I see the AGORA point system is still flawed. When I five starred your post, your points dropped. MY APOLOGIES to you Sir as you are one of the best posters here IMO.

Why does this happen??"

You did nothing wrong and it is not a flaw.

When Agora launched a major upgrade plus switch the site to Amazon after that, they explained the entire rating system has been over hauled to blend scoring, which would effect some peoples score, rank and even drop some HL's. They stated that posters should not be concerned, they had done nothing wrong, but the new rating system was needed to be more fair to all posters. About 8 HL's were removed when this launched. A cleansing...lol.

The points are merely activity points. Every post is 3 points I think, so you can watch yours go up daily. When you thumb a post, it effects the score with reference to the rank, and upping the star vote does the same thing, at the expense of a few activity points. It's simply a trade off, a blended formula.....

The higher the vote count, the less the score is effected. If someone has 100 votes and is a 4 star (4.0 score) and someone votes them a 1 star for vote 101, you won't see the 4.0 change. If someone has 2 votes and is a 3.0, and someone votes 1 star, the score will drop to about 2.33.

There, OT, but do you feel better?

New Message
Please login to post a reply