Free

"I still think that to be possibility...We will see..."

So do I....

First off, it was a "Stipulation of Dismissal filed by E.Digital Corporation,"

"Having considered the Stipulation Between e.Digital and Samsung Regarding Dismissal of All Claims of United States Patent Nos. 5,787,445 and 5,839,108 and good cause appearing therefor, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED, as follows:"

"1. All claims by e.Digital Corporation of infringement relating to U.S. Patent Nos. 5,787,445 (“the ‘445 patent”) and 5,839,108 (“the ‘108 patent”) that have been or could have been brought in this lawsuit against Samsung Electronics America, Inc., or related Samsung entities that could have been named in this lawsuit, are hereby dismissed with prejudice. "

I take that to mean this lawsuit is closed....with regard to e.Digital and their property.

"2. All declaratory judgment counterclaims by Samsung Electronics America, Inc. of non-infringement relating to the ‘445 and ‘108 patents that have been brought in this lawsuit are hereby dismissed with prejudice."

I take that to mean this lawsuit is closed with regard to Samsung and their defence efforts.

"3. All declaratory judgment counterclaims by Samsung Electronics America, Inc. of invalidity relating to the ‘445 and ‘108 patents are hereby dismissed without prejudice."

I take that to mean Samsung expects e.Digital to take things up at a later date and will be utilizing the counter claims of invalidity if it so happens.

"4. The parties represent that as of the filing date of this Stipulation, and in view of the paragraphs above, there is no current case or controversy between them within the meaning of the Declaratory Judgment Act with respect to the ‘445 and ‘108 patents.

doni

5. Each party is to bear its own costs and attorneys’ fees with respect to the ‘445 and ‘108 patents."

New Message
Please login to post a reply