Free

Companies still not served

posted on Mar 03, 2010 11:34PM

The PACER filings show the following companies still have not been served:

• Canon, Inc. (Japan)
  • D&M Holdings, Inc. (Japan)
  • Summit Technology Group, LLC (U.S.)

EDIG commenced service on the two foreign companies through the Hague Convention on 29 Jan 10. Service could take 4 months.

DM misnamed Summit Technology Group, LLC as Summit Global Group, LLC. The court dismissed Summit Global Group on 1/26/10 but DM hasn't served the correct company yet.

Also, EDIG did not name Roland Corp or Roland Systems Group U.S. in the ammended complaint (Doc 194). Further proof along with Doc 144 and my ear witness testimony they have settled with EDIG.

I have to say I find it a real mystery why Leica Camera AG (Germany) was voluntarily dismissed by EDIG, yet Leica Camera, Inc is still a defendant. From Doc 167:

2. The parties addressed the issue of foreign service with this Court at the January 7
Rule 16 Conference and January 20 Status Conference. Following the Rule 16 Conference, counsel for e.Digital contacted counsel for each of the U.S. subsidiary defendants affiliated with an unserved foreign parent defendant to inquire as to whether: (a) counsel for the U.S. defendant could accept service on behalf of the foreign parent defendant, (b) the foreign parent defendant would agree to waive service, or (c) the foreign defendant would agree to certain terms pursuant to which e.Digital would dismiss the foreign defendant.

Then in paragraph 5:

5. e.Digital has dismissed without prejudice Leica Camera AG. (Doc. No. 166).

If I were a speculating man...! LOL

In summary, there are currently 28 defendants remaining with 25 being served.

New Message
Please login to post a reply