Free

I reread one of the cut and paste articless I posted thisw AM and realized the paste clipped one of the most important identifying factors. The Fiber optic featue of the Panasonic eX2.

The eX2 System is the fifth generation of Panasonic IFE products. Its outstanding performance

and growth capacity is the result of engineering “know how” accumulated over 26 years. The

fully digitalized architecture is based on a high-capacity Enterprise Class media server and a

gigabit fiber optic Ethernet network. The eX2 IFE System is currently flying on Singapore

Airlines B777 and will be launching on a number of other airlines later this year.

The A380 MSN007 will continue to carry out flights over the next few months, where the

Panasonic test team will further expose this new cutting-edge eX2 IFE System to the stresses of

high temperatures and additional sever enviornmental conditions.

I don't think there is any way that the IFE that is depicted in Lufhanza's trial that sman found can be removable and stow able if it's connected via fiberoptic and juiced by onboard power. It says right on the bottom of the player, "Stow for taxi, takeoff and landing" In my opinion this is not the eX2.

Larry

New Message
Please login to post a reply