Free
May 06, 2010 02:58PM
May 06, 2010 03:22PM
May 06, 2010 03:43PM

Who knows how the "street" will react to anything? Look at what happened in the overall market today... first a big panic, to be followed by a bunch of buying/recovering. The only thing I know is that it's unpredictable by most such as myself.

With respect to EDIG, I just think the available evidence points to something happening pretty soon (no, really). Gil is right about the fact that there will be decision points at various upcoming dates such as May 24. Attorneys will have to advise their clients that costs will begin to increase significantly as they approach and prepare for Markman. Pressure will be building (times 16). I look for DM to either leverage that pressure or be prepared to go the distance. Either way it should be very telling even without knowing the amounts right away. If any settle before June 30, we should see those amounts in the 10Q by August 15 (which will almost certainly be before Markman). This should play into DM's strategy as well. Very interesting.

And doni, maybe you are right that we're over-emphasizing Markman. But what little I've read about other companies' Markman decisions seems to indicate that both sides do consider it important to "win" a decision that is favorable to them. Perhaps it isn't critical, but I'm pretty sure it's key.

- Sinkman

May 06, 2010 09:38PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply