Free

I'll believe it when I see revenue from non IFE sources.

They have had years to introduce the eVU to other market segments, without any success. Perhaps they are engineering a device and hoping the industry will have need for the product. Have they determined that the industry needs fit the eVU technology?

Most of the time it's best to ask what the markets needs are and then design products to fill those requirements.

Cost wise, the eVU is far more expensive then comparable products being marketed. One could take the new Ipad and add features along the lines of the new generation eVu and still keep the price reasonable.

Using the Ipad as an example, for training, hospital, military use, etc., add a usb port and furnish confidential data for specific uses or connect to secure web sites for streaming or any video use.

Sorry, but I don't see the need for the eVU application for non IFE markets. Too many other design possibilities using current product technology and adding features to satisy the needs for medical, military, and entertainment.

How many years are they going to take to introduce the eVU into other markets and how much money are they going to spend, and will they succeed?

Look at the market, for $400-$800 the current manufacturers can design just about anything you could think of comparable to the eVU, including communication from A-Z. Take an Ipad and add a usb with an operating system and word, and spreadsheet software and you have computing technology.

I think they are wasting time, money and resources on the eVU for other markets.

New Message
Please login to post a reply