Free

MicroSIM [Subscriber Identity Modulee] is just the smallest of the SIMM offerings... On apple its internal n not removable but i'v seen some reference to iphon having a pop-out simm, i don't use one; SIMMs are of the JAVA programming language and hardware independant i believe in most phones... the SIMM connects the phone/number to the specific carrier ir., SIM cards store network-specific information used to authenticate and identify subscribers on the network.

However most SIM cards will orthogonally store a number of SMS messages and phone book contacts - me and doni have debatted wheather these fall into secondary storage... IMO they do and will come into play in T2 with the embedded flash.

''The SIM card is a form of smart card which is used to authenticate a user on the network and stores personal information. The SIM card differs from other removable memory devices because it contains a processor and non-volatile memory [19]. Similar to flash media, the portability of the SIM cards allow them to be transferred betweencompatible phones.''

http://www.ssddfj.org/papers/SSDDFJ_V1_1_Harrill_Mislan.pdf

aimvho

emit...

New Message
Please login to post a reply