Free

21.) The ‘218 patent shows that the flash memory module referenced in
the ‘774 patent specification could be used as main memory because, like conventional Random Access Memory (“RAM”), this type of flash memory (i.e., “NOR” flash memory) permits the microprocessor to write information in sufficiently small increments (literally, one “byte” at a time) to make the flash memory useable as the “main” memory of the system.
(Ex. F, ‘218 patent, 6:12-13, 28-42.) Thus, the type of flash memory disclosed in the specification could indeed be used as the main memory of the device “without another memory system such as RAM.”

Some here may remember my comments of the differences between NOR and NAND. If so, you may remember my comments to the effect, that NOR can stand alone as an executable memory having a fast read....however it's slow to write where in that respect is not practical as a stand alone RAM or a storage memory. NAND does not have the ability as an executable having a slow read, however, it has a fast write....no good at all as a RAM, however very good as a storage and cheaper to produce than NOR.

e.Digital treats both of these memories in the same fashion....utilizing the same caching methods. Caching is a memory process in front of the NOR and NAND entities.

As I make these comments, I'm wondering If I heart The DM team, because I see where they need to go with the 774 effort as a stand alone.

I just hope that details become clear to the court.

doni

New Message
Please login to post a reply