Free

A330 & A340 all already had embedded touch screen IFE. This is from their latest annual report:

Sri Lankan’s fleet of widebodied Airbus A330 and A340

aircraft feature a modern entertainment system with

Touch Screen facilities in every seat; over 40 Movie,

Television and Radio channels, and 16 Interactive Games.

The movie channels feature some of the latest releases,

while the 22 radio channels air Country and Classics

to popular Sinhala songs, Arabic hits, and Hindi songs.

Business Class passengers also have access to a wellstocked

library of movies to play on their personal in-seat

video players, on request.

http://www.srilankan.aero/aboutus/SriLankan_Airlines_Annual_Report_2008_2009.pdf (page 29)

Also, from their entertainment page on their website (as of this morning):

"Enjoy a choice of 16* video and 22* audio channels on your personal seatback TV, including special programming for children, and the air show - splendid views of take-off and landing and snapshots in between, from the aircraft's external view cameras.

Inflight entertainment will not be available on routes operated with A320 aircraft.

In addition each business class seat is equipped with an individual video player allowing you to choose from a library range of over 30 movie titles in different languages"

http://wwi.srilankan.aero/onboard/entertainment.asp

(the bolding was not mine...was from their website)

The business class video player might be us since that's the only mention of ondemand/on request video but they already had that (according to their annual report) prior to yesterday. Maybe we're filling in the void of IFE on the A320 but who knows. I have an email to Sri Lankan customer service to see if they have info on which flights eVU will be offered on. Don't know if that will be fruitful but will post response if I get one. Also, their website had virtual tours of economy class and business class but it kept crashing IE on me so i couldn't view.

Regarding eVU units, as of shareholder meeting I believe there were approx. 5,000 units. Don't know what that number would be today with NAA,Air Mali, Air Burkina, and Sri Lanka coming on board (pun intended)

New Message
Please login to post a reply