Free
Message: Re: Well I like this even more...an element?? Olympus on board...
"Why do people repost 7 year old informtion and others cheer like it is news?"
?????
Assignment: 2 of that issue is the curiosity, it's now assigned to Olympus Japan as part of the license package, somewhat unexpected, it's not even a patent yet.
4) OLYMPUS AMERICA--DONE with prejudice (doc 127 stay 2/3/09, final motion 152 /order missing{10 months})...PR4/1/2009 "announced today that it has entered into a licensing and settlement agreement with Olympus. Under the terms of the confidential agreement, Olympus obtained a license and release on all e.Digital foreign and domestic patent rights, including the Company's Flash-R™ patent portfolio, and e.Digital received a one-time licensing fee.", 10Q 2009-06-13 year end
How do future patent considerations fit into that scenario... that might evolve?
IMO, that ongoing patent prosecution is a working application of the base patents....which I would consider a secondary tier, or a separate negotiated issue. If they're not interested in negotiating for secondary issue applications....then feel free to produce your own on the base patent license. I felt that 445 should be a secondary as well.
When they noted "all e.Digital foreign and domestic patent rights, including the Company's Flash-R™ patent portfolio" I had no idea that new secondary developments would be included.
There are two other companies that settled with similar concessions..
2) CASIO AMERICA--DONE with prejudice (doc104 stay 11/21/08, final motion122 missing/order missing, {8 months})..PR12/2/2008 "announced today that it has entered into a settlement and cross-licensing agreement with Casio. Under the terms of the confidential agreement, Casio obtained a license and release on all e.Digital foreign and domestic patent rights, including the Company's Flash-R™ patent portfolio, and e.Digital obtained a license and release on any Casio patents that cover e.Digital's current product line." 10Q2009-02-10
Note: the word all is missing from this consideration.
7) SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS AMERICA-DONE...with prejudice (doc 177 10/21/09 {19 months})...PR10/22/2009"announced today that it has entered into a cross licensing and settlement agreement with Samsung Electronics Co, Ltd. (Samsung). Under the terms of the confidential agreement, Samsung obtained a license and release on e.Digital's foreign and domestic patent rights, including the Company's Flash-R™ patent portfolio, and e.Digital obtained a license and release on certain Samsung patents. e.Digital also received a one-time licensing fee."(all foreign and domestic patents including FlashR/Xlicense certain patents,),10Q 2009-11-16
Why are they not noted along with Olympus?
Is this " CONFIRMATORY LICENSE " having an assignment, the same license the others got? Casio settled before Olympus...why are they not noted with an assignment?
doni
New Message
Please login to post a reply