Free

Thus the need for sales figures.

At the 2008 SHM, one of the slides had a chart of CE sales thru 2006 I think it was, and the figure was $30 bln. The projected rate of growth up to 2010 was $50 bln, but with the down turn in the economy, I read some where, probably here (?) 2010 was guessed at $40 bln.

Now, we claim some 174 outfits infringed, but the product base is not simply cell phones, PDA's, cameras and camcorders of these companies, nor many others. The big boys AND girls (for Benwaiting-lol) sell LOTS of CE products that have nothing to do with our patents.

The words used by EDIG are "billion dollar markets" or something like that?

Without sales figures specifically for these 324 products, how does DM put a figure on a settlement demand? Without sales figures, how can the infringer say, "OK, I made a gross margin on sales of products using your tech of $5 mln, but your contribution to this figure is $500K, so I'll offer you $2.5 mln to settle and license the IP covering up to when the patents expire."

I'm just thowing this out for thought, with nothing else meant by it. Coming to an agreement on how much we deserve is extremely complicated to say the least.

New Message
Please login to post a reply