Free

" I understand the removal of RAM issue and the device not working, but no apple device [ipod/iphone] has ever had removable RAM that I am aware of."

It's not about a removable RAM....it's about a removable flash device.

e.Digital implements methods that drastically reduce RAM resource utilized for the interaction of the removable flash device....this method streams files directly from the flash. When the flash is disconnected or removed....the stream stops.

Non infringers will be utilizing the status qou type of RAM resource....where file I/O are not streamed from the flash, but shadowed to the RAM resource and executed from there, where if the flash is removed the file will continue to play from the RAM.

The same concepts will be utilized by infringers for non-removable flash devices, where the circuit connections can be switch interrupted giving a similar disconnect consideration as if it were removed.

One of the legal debates will be over the reduction of RAM resource for the current defendants.

With that, reducing the RAM footprint also involves a particular format of the flash device that allows things to happen as they do.

doni

New Message
Please login to post a reply