Free

Will the Fed and its QE2 today provide an impetus to the foreign defendants to settle?

With the USD being further devalued, the cost of these companies to settle will effectively go down, unless DM has requested that the settlement be adjusted to an international standard (which I don't think is likely, as I haven't seen a court filing indicating this).

It's getting cheaper for these foreign defendants to settle in USD than pay their employees spending time to produce the documents per discovery (as well as translating) in a foreign currency which is not dropping..... their employee costs aren't changing while the cost of settling is dropping.

I am fairly certain we will see one or more settlements as a result of the QE2 and the dollar declining as defendants will not want to hold on to US Dollars in their accounts..... and will want to dispose of the cases rather than -literally- chasing bad money with good money.

Not good for us... as the USD has declined while we've held at .088 to .089.

When you consider how much other commodities such as food and energy have risen in September alone, you will see that nearly all of those beat the S+P for September. So not even the general market is keeping up with the real decline of the USD.

On a more OT note, with all the settlements likely to come in, is it time for EDIG to move its HQ out of California to a more tax freindly state?

New Message
Please login to post a reply