Free
Message: Some things I have been asked to comment on, and not:

Hello all,

And, there are some things I don’t understand, nor do I reckon I’m supposed to.

Before I start, I hope you all had a very good Christmas, and I wish all of us a Prosperous New Year.

I have been asked to comment further on edig’s Flash-R Portfolio, and also on my knowledge of the WSJ’s interest. The following are my thoughts/comments on these topics. So here goes, right or wrong:

Flash-R: I think ‘774 is a very solid and very defensible patent. The patent is based upon something hard that can be touched and felt, Removable Flash Memory regardless of the type of connector. It is unique, very basic, tangible, and is sort of like the original patents on Zippers and Velcro, not to mention, again, Intermittent Windshield Wipers. I think the Markman Hearing is going to go very well in this regard. As I have mentioned before, I think the other patents are a bit more suspect, excepting perhaps ‘170. The remaining patents are software based methods of managing memory, albeit Flash Memory and they are not related to RFM, claimed in ‘774 or ‘170. What bothers me about the other patents, although issued, the claims are very common when it comes to managing all forms of electronic memory, most noticeably removable disks and hard drives. FM is simply the newest form of memory, and it most definitely requires similar memory management techniques that have been around for a long time. A patent being issued and being defensible are two dramatically different things, and very expensive to defend, especially software patents issued without unique hardware as part of it. I understand DM took on edig on a contingency basis, but I firmly believe they did so because of ‘774, and perhaps ‘170. Having said that, the whims/judgment of the judge in the MH could prove me wrong, and in this case I would like to wrong. In any case, I think the MH is going to go well for edig, unless something untoward happens prior to it or perhaps during it. I am grateful DM and edig hooked-up. He’l, in my day software patents weren’t even available. I also remember the first “Windows” like interface patent being issued in the mid ‘80’s, and it wasn’t Apple or Microsoft. It didn’t hold up. I don’t remember the name of the company, but I can see the president in my mind.

That’s it for now on this topic. Thanks

WSJ: As you may have discerned I have been around for a while, and as mentioned previously, I did reasonably well with the press. Therefore, I was able to make current contact with someone pretty senior on the technical reporting side of the WSJ. Also, as I have said before they understand the significance of the story, but the original settlements were not enough under the circumstances/background so far. A quote “edig being a penny stock raises the bar”, meaning that the WSJ is very aware of its ability to affect the SP (PPS) prematurely. I was asked to keep them informed, and told it wouldn’t take much to make the story. In my judgment 12/14 & 15 are not enough, but the upcoming MH certainly is. I will act accordingly. I respectfully request your collective and individual input on this matter. I am thinking mid-January or a bit before. Thanks

Other thoughts/questions:

1.I think RP’s departure, for whatever reason, is a good thing and will work out well for all parties concerned, including RP and us.

2.Is edig looking to acquire, or be acquired? I can’t imagine them acquiring. In my experience any really good idea from someone as small as edig will face overwhelming competition from the “Big Boys”, unless they have a very good and very essential/deemed necessary patent.

3.I think the creation of EDIG was for accounting/tax reasons.

4.I think ‘774, and perhaps ’170 is/are their opportunity to take the $ and run, eventually.

5.I don’t know who or what this McNaulty guy really is, but it is my understanding that he was responsible for James Sze (DM) and edig getting together. I should perhaps look into the who-or-what a bit closer.

6.Lastly, what I really don’t understand is the reason for the purchases & sells at a fraction of a cent. Unless for some reason someone(s) is/are intentionally keeping the PPS low, as I have mentioned before.

We’ll see, and thanks.

Spec…

New Message
Please login to post a reply