Free
Aug 10, 2011 04:25PM

Kona could do a better job answering that than me...lol.

There has been a few of times in the last 3 years where the PR went out at the last minute and there's no real pattern be it the year end fiscal nor any particular quarter. There are schools of thought that if the news is bleak rev wise, put it out early...get it over with, then some think they sand bag when it's good news...again no pattern, but in both cases have a PR ready with a tid bit to follow the Q report.

Having said that, with the SHM 9/1, IFFFFF.....HOYA & Panasonic are a surprise to be decent settlements, the longer they wait might add a little enthusiasm going into the meeting 2 weeks later. Just conjecture on my part.

I have had some thought and discussion a few times the last 2 weeks why we are even having a SHM, as recent as yesterday with someone. The consensus is, there is something to share, or why have it, and why off site at a hotel conf room? We expected a meeting in Nov, then pushed to Mar, then postponed to the Summer, so the 3/14 webcast gave us something to ponder until 9/1. Maybe something is up Fredy's sleeves, or there is none and it would be even worse to postpone it again.

The email I posted where he said, "he and Pat are considering a webcast/podcast shortly after the SHM" makes me scratch my head even more. So what is behind this thinking? Do they expect (learned to dislike this word...lol) something to happen re: Inno Grp by 9/1 and if not, stuck holding the meeting so when something comes together down the road, do a webcast?

There's no real answer I guess, but the filing has to be on time to the SEC, so the PR will follow withing 24 hours. Today through Tues is the window for the PR.

Sorry to beat around the bush...no choice.

New Message
Please login to post a reply