Free

None of us have seen the specs, and I see your humor coming out here, but with what little I know about features of the S3, some attributes of NUNCHI via the demo, then Q&A, there are similarities, thus NUNCHI like.

Nobody is over speculating at this point, some wishing and hoping for sure, but the end goal for this new tech is to sell it to OEM's.

My immediate questions are, will an OEM have it pre-installed in their widget providing the user with this feature: "selective, automated, social networking" which is a statement by the company, or will the OEM offer it in their widgets be it the installed base plus new purchases for a download fee? Or could there be an offering both ways? Could this tech be the key social feature to do a double wammy on the iPhone?

Another company statement from an email reply, "unlike a widget or an app, NUNCHI is a platform." We have argued "platform" 3 ways from Sunday so I'll leave it at that.

We do know, based on a statement in the Mar 14, 2011 webcast, 4 patents had been filed and more to be filed. As of Sept 1, we knew publically 7 patents had been filed. We are closing in on, may have even passed the 18 month mark for the 1st patent filing, in fact I think it was Mar based on a BLR post...? If Mar is correct, that would put the 1st filings in Oct/Nov, 2010...with developement continuing, more patents filed over several months, development continuing still, AND...demos to OEM's as stated by the company during 2011 and 2012.

So, was there time for Samsung begining in Q4-2010 to be involved in a collaborative effort with EDIG to incorporate NUNCHI into the S3 and complete it's design, testing etc to announce it May 3 then launch in May 29, coincidentally same date of the trademark publication date? Can Samsung begin efforts in Q4 or sooner 2010 and launch a product by Q3-2012? Of course they can, and winning the race to launch new products that is better than what's out there, has made them surpass AAPL in market share.

We try constantly to throw pasta at the wall and see if it sticks, connect the dots etc, and we are never successful, but these are my thoughts and timelines do coincide.

Lots of people think NUNCHI is a joke, the company ditto...I don't.

New Message
Please login to post a reply