Free
Message: Re: Notice of publication date " NUNCHI " , May ,29 ,2012/BLR

Must of been my thumb...anyway...

I emailed Fred asking if he could give a guess on the 774 timing for a response and he said no. I asked the same question May 3, then realized they had not even sent the response off yet.

I don't know how this process works, as in does the USPTO have a "published" response time to the patent holder, and I think but do not know for sure, it's more of a workload issue which we have heard here before.

My guess as posted previously is 60 - 90 days, based on a PR where EDIG gave us this, thinking at the time for an approval, not a rejection:

“Regarding the ‘774 and ‘737 reexamination process, we have conducted patent examiner interviews and submitted office action responses to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”). We expect the reexamination process to conclude within approximately three months.”

I'm just assuming if he guessed 3 months in the Feb 9 PR then we can safely assume ditto again.

If the 737 is a rejection, here we go again, but it's only 1 claim (5) and we had an interview on this one too, so seems to me to be pretty simple and maybe quicker too.

Just a hunch...

New Message
Please login to post a reply