Free
Message: RE: If Nothing happens this Next Week, Whats Next?...OZ...Gil

RE: If Nothing happens this Next Week, Whats Next?...OZ...Gil

posted on Sep 20, 2005 07:45AM
It`s a wait and see game. The coast is preparing and will evacuate if the present course continues. They have a plan and will execute it.

We are inland about 40 miles, but will get hit pretty hard if it comes ashore as a cat 3/4. All in the area are stocking up on gas, water, propane for the barbque, etc. The stores are running out of water already, one gas station out of regular.

Trouble is that 4 of the 5 models predict a hit along the coastline near Galveston, bad news.

It`s scary, when Alicia hit we lost power for 5 days, the local area where I live had thousands of trees down, some fell into cars and houses.

Don`t care to go through that again, I know somewhat what the people are going through with Katrina. The greater Houston area had some flooding, downtown windows broken and property damage in many areas, but nothing like the Katrina experience.

North of South padre would be ideal, not much population and would do the least damage to property and very few individuals would be impacted.

I`ll keep you posted, thanks for asking.

OZ

New Message
Please login to post a reply