Free

Hello all,

It has been awhile since I posted, but I want to assure you all that I keep close tract of the Forum.

I reckon we are going to hear from Handal and Fred regarding '774 et al fairly soon, or when the time is right. No worries in that quarter. Having said that, I am concerned, as are others, about the total lack of Nunchi news/deals. I have a theory I would like to proffer. Actually, the theory has 2 parts leading to a 3rd. It is just that, a theory, good, bad, or in different. So, here we go:

Part 1.

I am pretty sure that Edig has the first 6 Context Awareness patents issued by the USPTO. Since then several names have been bandied about on the Forum and by others. All are expected to be potential targets for Edig licensing deals. The targets mentioned are Qualcomm, Google, Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, etc. I reckon Edig has talked to them all, but as yet no news/deals. In the mean time they all have been filing CA Patents, and all are, I believe, in the Pending Period for review by the USPTO. Do you think its possible that both sides are waiting to see if the USPTO rejects the new patents citing the Edig issued patents? In the meantime the potential targets forge ahead in the market place with the Patent Pending status. And if they are rejected, in about a year plus, because of the existing issued Edig patents, will they come to the table, or will they continue to forge ahead in violation of the Edig patents, and fight the settlement battle later?

Part 2.

The patent game has changed out there since my day. I didn't understand in the beginning why Edig didn't take advantage of the Patent Pending period, but on the other hand, in reality what the heck were they going to do with them until they were in fact issued.

Now look at the absolutely huge money being spent to acquire existing patents portfolios by the likes of Microsoft, Google, and others. Maybe that is what Edig is up to. From Edig's point of view, waiting until the patents were issued then makes sense. Edig then approaches the targets with either scenario, the one discussed so far in Part 2, or the one discussed in Part 1.

The acquisition of Patent Portfolios makes sense, which leads me to Edig in this scenario. Think about it, let's just say Google, Qualcomm, Samsung or whomever acquires the Edig Nunchi Patents lock stock and barrel for a hefty number plus some type of ongoing/long term residual. This would put the acquirer in the same position as Edig is with regard to USPTO's rejection or issuance of the other CA patents, but with a lot more muscle in the case of rejection or issuance in a year and perhaps a few months.

Additionally, Edig has exposed their patents to these guys, but you can bet none reciprocated with what they have pending. I think there is a possibility one or more see possible rejection by the USPTO of their patents applied for. If this is the case, it makes the argument for acquisition with the residual perhaps being a sticking point.

Part 3.

Spec…

New Message
Please login to post a reply