Free

RE: RP/RWM

posted on Oct 14, 2005 04:46PM
I keep wondering what RP meant by his statement: ``We expect revenues from sales to Railway Media```. In the context of the preceeding sentences, it sounds like he`s saying sales via Wencor. But considering he says that AFTER his ``...will not receive royalties``, it leads to think that maybe he means EDIG->RWM direct sales (sense we may now have content - the missing link when RWM originally contacted EDIG).

This thought is exagerated by the thought that MAYBE Brent has been jacking them and other customers around regarding orders for digEs, and delivery dates. As I said in one of my posts during my tirade last night, look at the reported orders we`ve received ($635K order in May; $750K order now). That only adds up to some 2,200 digEs (1,000 being enhanced digEs that we`ve heard nothing of since). Now think, since May, 7 new airlines, 8 re-orders, and RWM (okay, drop RWM, as per that report they won`t be available till Dec; and RP says that we`ll get revenues from sales to RWM - implying that an order has not yet been received). Now throw in that one of the new adopter airlines (MartinAir?) ordered 900 units. So, 2,200 - 900 = 1,300 to support 6 airlines and 8 re-orders? Just makes me think he`s sand-baggin` the orders to EDIG, for whatever demented reason.

If there`s anything to this suspicion (further reinforced by RWM`s cooperative wording change on their site), perhaps RWM got tired of Wencor`s delay tactics and went again to EDIG (OR, EDIG went back to RWM after securing content direct from the studios, etc.). No FAA certs required. Now THAT would be nice (and probably alot cheaper to RWM, like half price!).

But, as usual, I`m probably trying to force-fit my thoughts/wishes into a casual statement from RP.

One step further.... Of course it wouldn`t be a digE, but a limited function Mede (comparable functionality to digE; not a full blown Mede).

Just rambling thoughts that are probably worthless, cuz I KNOW nuttin`!

SGE

New Message
Please login to post a reply