Free

Re: richardo/My Theory: For what(ever) it's worth...coyote

posted on Aug 17, 09 02:33PM

From my earlier post:

"For the record, the numbers I posted are not my "guess" at a buyout # but simply a calculation to show how one approach might look. To be honest, I can't even speculate what a number might be."

The reason I can't speculate is that this is not the normal scenerio. I can't even begin to value our company because we don't have enough information regarding the value of the IP. If the average annual sales over a 10 year period of infringing product is, let's assume for a moment, $20 Billion , what's our share worth? Is our technology worth 1% of a unit sold? If yes, then the total value of our infringed IP over the 10 year period is $200 Million/year or $2 Billion. Looking at it another way, is our IP worth $2 for every $200 device sold?

I simply don't have the answer to the question; therefore, all I can do is speculate (and dream a little).

P.S. I don't see any harm in the dreams being shared today simply because none of us knows how to value our IP so we are all guessing. What's wrong with that?

http://www.www.agoracom.com/ir/edigital/forums/discussion/topics/357779-visualized-it/?message_id=1199264

New Message
Please login to post a reply