Free

RE: Asian Customer

posted on Dec 25, 2004 05:50AM
Merry Xmas everyone..

``the next generation of our video/audio technology platform is scheduled to be unveiled in private meetings by e.Digital and by a large unannounced Asian customer.``

In that.. I read that the development is joint....The Asian put R/D into the project.

It`s devised around the MOS....would it be full blown usage or just a snippet of API/bios management ?

What company put forth the major effort of development ?

Did the Asian develop it on there own following specs from e.Digital? I hope so

Will the platform belong to the one with the most effort ?

I hope it belongs to the Asian....this is the only way to get us going.... I hope many companies start developing applications around us.

Will it be secure (MOS kernel is tamper proof)..will the IP of the Asian be ? What type of IP does the Asian have or license on their own ?

Or will they utilize a license supplied through e.Digital ? What lucky company gets a piece of the pie.. packaging the MOS kernel and maybe a licensed IP combination..ie: Divx...etc ?

What processor technology will be utilized ? DSP...DSP/FPGA...ASIC....FPGA....what lucky company gets that piece of the pie if the Asian is large enough ?

What types of storage media will it support ? Numerous ?

Speaking of storage..Just a side note;

Samsung just announced a new flash methodology....removing the typical large RAM elements normally associated....on a high density NAND flash....I see this as one of the most significant news items to come from the industry at large...for some time now.

Where did their idea originate from....I have my thoughts....and I do not see any patent pending attachments from Samsung....there not going to present the world with another closed proprietary flash storage system...they`re going to want to be inter operable among OS systems....where`s their inter operable translation management scheme coming from ?

MOS as a translation scheme....for multiple OS`s....would kill Msystems...an MSFT system only.

All it takes is a company like Samsung to develop the applications...own them...and allow e.Digital to supply the controller securing the MOS kernel...then packaging the end product under one of numerous standardized brand name items out there..ie SmatMedia..Sandisk might have a grip about it as they would be killed too...lol... but....who cares?

not me...all a matter of who`s going to step on who!

The possibilities are endless...

doni

New Message
Please login to post a reply