Free
Message: New Gun Control Idea: Weapon Can't Fire Unless User Is Wearing Bracelet

FRED or PAT is this good for microsignet ?

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/04/09/new-gun-control-idea-weapon-cant-fire-unless-user-wearing-bracelet

New Gun Control Idea: Weapon Can't Fire Unless User Is Wearing Bracelet

BY FOX NEWS INSIDER //APR 09 2014 // 8:47AM
AS SEEN ON FOX AND FRIENDS

The Justice Department is exploring gun tracking bracelets as part of its gun control efforts. Attorney General Eric Holder said Friday to a House panel the idea is to make guns more safe using technological advancements.

"By making them either through finger print identification, the gun talks to a bracelet or something that you might wear, how guns can be used only by the person who is lawfully in possession of the weapon," said Holder.

"It’s those kinds of things that I think we want to try to explore so that we can make sure that people have the ability to enjoy their Second Amendment rights, but at the same time decreasing the misuse of weapons that lead to the kinds of things that we see on a daily basis."

The Justice Department has requested $382.1 million in increased spending for its fiscal year 2014 budget for "gun safety."

Included in the proposal is $2 million for "Gun Safety Technology" grants, which would award prizes for technologies that are "proven to be reliable and effective."

Steve Doocy weighed the latest gun control idea with Emily Miller of the Washington Times and Mark Glaze, executive director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns. He asked what would happen if a homeowner needed his or her gun at a moment's notice to face down an intruder.

Would the person then have to take the extra step of putting on a bracelet too? Miller said fingerprint technology on gun lock-boxes isn't 100 percent effective.

"I have a safe that has one of those fingerprint biometric ones. It has never once worked, ever. So I use the lock part of it," said Miller, adding that smart gun technology being eyed by the feds is not "perfected."

Glaze said any technology that may save a child from a tragic accident with a gun needs to at least be explored.

Watch the segment above, and let us know your thoughts on the issue.

New Message
Please login to post a reply