Free
Message: Re: Joe, that is a slap in the face to everyone here...

Aug 15, 2015 05:24PM
Aug 15, 2015 05:36PM

ronran, I don't think I saw the post you just referred to before it was deleted.

Did it have anything to do with what you said about 3 months ago? (which I agreed with, BTW)

http://agoracom.com/ir/edigital/forums/discussion/topics/643184-recent-settlements-and-moving-forward/messages/2018489#message

But it was your post from March 19th where I thought you stated the issue most succinctly:

"I surely hope that EDIG didn't go to the trouble of reversing the collateral estoppel ruling, and then obtaining a resounding Markman victory in the present matter, for the sole purpose of setting up nothing more than a continuing series of nuisance value settlements."

I bring this up to point out the fact that we have now proven that for whatever reason, EDIG/Handal was unable to take any real advantage of those costly (at least in terms of time) court wins.

Think about all the extra time and effort wasted by Handal for very little if any additional benefit. How can anyone equate that with doing a great job? And if your answer is: "Well, at least they have kept the doors open", then I'd say the bar has been set so low as to be sitting on the floor.

Until the latest 10Q, I held onto some slight glimmer of hope that maybe we'd actually see larger settlements. There was a 'just wait and see' conventional wisdom from many posters on the board... so now we've waited (again) and we've seen (again)... and here we are. Frankly what else is left? A virtual SHM? The future promise of Pluto? Really?

I've been here about as long as anyone else... and I get that we don't want Agora turning into another Raging Bull. I do. OTOH, most of us are out 15+ years and many tens of thousands of dollars in this wonderful investment - mainly due to the lack of any real skill to adapt by those in charge of our company. But we certainly wouldn't want our precious message board overrun by negative posts. No, no... that would just be too unacceptable. Who cares about money anyway? As long as we're able to socialize and pretend everything is lovely in EDIGland.

FWIW, I happen to think there IS an answer to our predicament... but it would require all of us to agree and then to make a consistent effort to follow through and that's not going to happen. I think all we can do now is hope for lightning to strike again in our lifetime.

- Sinkman

Aug 17, 2015 02:47PM
Aug 20, 2015 07:53AM
Aug 20, 2015 08:56AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply