Free
Message: 5 Surprising Things Your Nest Thermostat Can Do for You (Like, Uh, The Laundry!)

"Here's a cool feature if you've got the Cam: since the thermostat knows when you're out (yup!), it can trigger the camera to start recording anytime it goes into Auto-Away mode, meaning if someone broke in, they'd be caught red-handed."

If that instance was to happen...it would have to happen on your web account and not through direct communication between devices. Trying to make direct communication between devices would be overly cumbersome through personal local networks....be it WiFi , BlueTooth....etc.

The devices are remotely managed (or remotely communicate) through a server environment.....where the applications to interface them together can be better managed.

For instance, my server account has managed updates to the cameras that became visually noticeable on my monitor when viewing. You have no control when they update an application on the server. In my case... new features were added for the better.

I'm just making this point so that folks do not get the impression that devices actually physically communicate.....the magic is within the server environment.

doni

New Message
Please login to post a reply