Free
Nov 25, 2016 05:36PM

Nest Compatible Sensor Devices, Hubs, and how it relates to e.Digital.

It is my most humble opinion, most humble guess work, and way out on a limb with conjecture..lol... e.Digital is developing a smart home water detection sensor device that will use their patented technology and work with GOOGLE NEST and GOOGLE HOME and maybe others smart home hubs.  e.Digital could develop a very low powered sensor utilizing almost any protocol and interface with almost any hub with their patent technology, they have the ability to do so..(IMO)....Possibly, to start infringement proceedings against smart home cloud based sensor companies... such as listed below.  Also, there could possibly be co-branding of said device with other settlement device makers as Plank pointed out.  Who knows at this point.  Is GOOGLE in on it? Maybe so... but thats another question unanswered at this point.  Most of these devices use hubs to work with the cloud. Maybe GOOGLE wants to go after the HUB MAKERS and decided after looking at the patents that NUNCHI covered those bases for them?  Who Knows?  Again, guess work on my part.

e.Digital is transiitioning from a N.P.E. (non practising entity) and becoming a P.E. (Practising Entity) in the smart home solution market and it will make them a more viable and valuable company.  So, not only will they go after water detection device companies, they will go after all home solution sensor device makers and GOOGLE can go after the HUB MAKERS teaming up with e.Digital patented technology (right up GOOGLE'S ALLEY).  This is my two cents for what its worth and could be listed as a fairy tale with a happy ending...lol  In the end, I am an OPTIMIST, and I am hoping all good things come to e.Digital and it Shareholders.

http://www.appcessories.co.uk/works-with-nest-best-compatible-devices/

example: WAXMAN LEAKSMART

https://youtu.be/oL-dpU0X5Wg

“The Internet of Things (IoT) is being called the next industrial revolution,” said Fred Falk, president & CEO of eDigital. “Analysts predict that by 2020, there will be 24 billion IoT devices connected to the internet. The connected home market, one segment of the IoT industry, is the space where eDigital and its supporting patents expects to participate. Utilizing our patented intellectual property, we are developing a smart home product that will monitor a household’s water usage, help prevent water damage and reduce homeowner insurance claims by detecting leaks and monitoring water pressure in real-time, assess water quality, and assist homeowners with water conservation efforts. Water damage claims cost homeowners thousands of dollars, and insurance companies billions of dollars every year. Water conservation is a critical issue impacting the environment as nationwide water supplies become increasingly stressed. Water conservation not only saves the consumer money, it benefits the greater community.

“In addition to our smart home product development, we will continue to enforce our patents and we expect to continue to be successful in doing so,” Falk concluded.

My comments, so in conclusion, e.Digital is in the process of developing a product in the smart home arena and go after infringers of this market at the same time... a win-win.  I believe the water detection sensor is only a start and one of the easiest devices to develop e.Digital.  That's my take and I am sticking to it.  Two new high profile independent directors must like what they see.  Here's hoping for good news soon.

GLTA 

Nov 26, 2016 05:41PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply