Free

RE: Just for amusement....-fpmd-H... prices

posted on Jan 11, 2005 02:17PM
Brings back exciting memories. At that time I had 12,000 shares. I had just started a half year earlier investing in penny stocks after the boredom of mutual funds. I will never forget that Monday, Jan 24. I was and am a preschool special education teacher and we had a snow day. I followed the stock and raging bull as it closed 5 3/4 points higher than the Friday close. I remember thinking that on paper the $69,000 that I had made on this snow day was well more than my yearly teaching salary. A while later out of morbid curiosity I checked my recent social security earnings statement. From 1972 thru 1981 which encompassed my twentys, I had slightly over $45,000 dollars in declared income. My two highest earning years being 2 years in the army as a PFC earning $4800 each year. This was with an

English degree from a reputable university and an uninspired work ethic. In any event I never did sell a share. My thinking like many I suppose being I wanted to wait out the year to avoid the capital gains tax. I have since increased my holdings 750% and remain patient and optimistic that ``Edig will come alive in 2005.`` Lubener

New Message
Please login to post a reply