Free

Pure speculation...

posted on Apr 04, 2006 05:16PM
but BOW WILL DO ANYTHING TO REMAIN/GAIN CONTROL OF WHATEVER ENDEVOR HE GOES INTO. He thought he had the DP`s IP when he bot APS but evidently didn`t do his homework or else thought he could roll over a tiny company like EDig...EDig had spine, he was wrong.

I, like others here, cannot believe from a strickly technological viewpoint, that the BOW`s BRAND NEW device, the XT, can be manufactured FROM SCRATCH and brought to market, meeting all the requirements necessary, including content security, starting in August of 2005. That`s only 8 months. Hell, large companies with huge engineering departments take years to develop and market devices like this.

Could be completely wrong, and probably am, but knowing the ego-driven nature of the man I could very easily believe that copying a device he already had in hand, or most it, and calling it something new, the XT, would not be beyond him, in fact would fit his nature and be very believeable.

There is nothing public that says content security has been approved in the XT. Maybe it has and is not stated but I would think that would be the major facet of the XT. After all any manufacturer of a CD player could jump in the IFE market if content security was not necessary....

I would love to be right on this but probably am not. But it sure is fun to speculate

New Message
Please login to post a reply