Free

Why not Japan.....because they were our enemy 65 years ago? Countries have always and will always form alliances when it's in their mutual interests to do so. Who would you prefer to have nukes....Korea or Japan? Now don't tell me neither....Korea already has them and will keep them. It's too late to do anything about that unless they have a major political and social upheaval, themselves. That could be achieved by China and the rest of the world make it so difficult, the populace erupts. What's more, Iran will get them unless we or some other country like Israel does something about it. Failing that, the problem gets larger. The nuke genie is out of the bottle and you'll never get him back in. Which brings us to the next best solution.....missile defense systems.

We should be building a robust missile defense system. I'm somewhat confused about Defense Sec. Gates unless his idea of trading long range defense missiles for short range ones proves to be the better alternative. I don't know. Maybe keeping a few ships at sea, or land bases closer to a launch point, with this capability is better. I don't have the expertise to make that determination but you don't have to be a Rhodes Scholar to realize you need a reliable missile defense system. The longer we wait, the desperate the situation becomes.

I wish we had a real war time president instead of this peacock we have now.

New Message
Please login to post a reply