Free

I'll share a few points about the Pelicanworx product.

1st, one of the hundreds of things I was involved in as a supplier of electrical material to contractors for new construction, was stand by emergency power systems. They are commonly known as emergency generators, back up generators, gensets and a host of other nicknames.

My involvement with these systems were:

• Federal & State prisons
  • Hospitals be they public, military, VA etc
  • Military bases
  • Commercial buildings (low/mid/highrise)
  • Waste H20 Treatment Plants
  • H20 Pump Stations
  • Schools...all of them
  • Shopping Malls
  • Police Stations
  • you name it, I did it

The very large systems for the most critical applications were installed in the basement and the fuel used was diesel.

There are requirements by the state, that these back up power systems be tested, often weekly, with a report of functional compliance kept for inspection. The monitoring of these systems by the "authorities" varys, basically as the risk level to public saftey is higher because of the application. IE, a hospital would be watched more than a shopping mall. It's far more complex, but that's an example.

There is an installed base of gensets in the USA that the numbers would shock you, with very little if any compliance even being kept. It's like anything else, there can be a law, but if not enforced it means nothing. I recall a project where utility power was lost and the diesel fuel tank was so low, it ran out in an hour and it was lights out until fuel was deleivered. They just were not paying attention, which can happen with our cars if we don't look at that needle often enough!

The short of it is when you read the product info Spek will send you, the Pelicanworx product MONITORS critical functionality of the genset system, with a report sent wirelessly to a smart phone or tablet. Problem areas are pointed out, so that maintenance procedures can be carried out to keep the system in compliance, thus work as it's supposed to when called upon. Fuel tank too low...it will be on the report. Batteries not keeping a proper charge to be able to start the engine...ditto.

So, the target market for their product is the installed base, then of course OEM's of these systems for new installations having it as part of the system up front.

Back up generators are all over the world....there's a real need for this product.

That's my 2 cents.

New Message
Please login to post a reply