Helping brands engage Developing, nurturing, and investing in technologies

Free
Message: Intertainment Media Refutes Article, Demands Correction & Apology From Globe

GOOGLE ANALYTICS vs EXTERNAL TRAFFIC SOURCES

As I've said on a couple of previous occasions, AGORACOM uses Google Analytics because it is the best and most trusted traffic metrics provider anywhere.

I can also tell you that external traffic counters like Compete, DoubleClick and others are absolutely terrible at measuring traffic for anybody. They tried to make a name for themselves a few years ago, which lead to a huge public debate amongst mega web companies that equally had their traffic metrics challenged.

They are rarely referenced anymore by serious web analysts, who choose to rely on metrics reported by the companies themselves.

INT SMEAR CAMPAIG INSTIGATED BY SHORT SELLERS

As such, the Milstead article and SeekingAlpha Instablog are looking more and more like smear campaigns instigated by short sellers that are literally losing their entire fortune over INT share price appreciation. They bet against INT and lost.

Some lost BIG after receiving margin calls ... and are probably determined to short INT again in hopes of driving it into the ground and recovering their pants.

IF the articles questioned INT's valuation, that's a different story. Trading in INT stock is clearly a display of public debate over INT's valuation, with some believing INT will become the next Twitter, while others believe it is overblown.

I can live and even participate in that debate. In fact, I do so via my stock trades and others do the same.

The fact that the article:

• quoted a short-seller fund WITHOUT simultaneously quoting long funds
  • relied on external traffic sources that are notorious for being VERY inaccurate

demonstrates its lack of objectivity.

This is going to be a showdown and the rapid response of INT tells me they are going to take it all the way.

Regards,
George

New Message
Please login to post a reply