Liberty Star Uranium & Metals Corp.

Combining Classic Mineral Exploration with State of the Art Technology

Free

The only thing I could grasp in that was, "So copper is likely to reign as metal King for 30-50 more years...," and I don't doubt that for the long run. Meanwhile, low-grade producers are hurting.

This, in fact, is why LBSR needs to have a high-grade discovery at Hay Mountain, or no one will be interested in financing further exploration(s) until prices climb on a sustained basis.

FWIW, Freeport, IS CLOSING their nearby-to-Hay Mountain mega mine, which they had been expanding until recently. This was producing from very low grade ore holding .26 percent copper. I also think we could have news at any time that HudBay, who have been working toward opening their Rosemont copper mine, will slow or suspend operations there. Rosemont ore runs .46 percent copper, which is about average for an open pit mine in Arizona, but they are still in the development stage - no cash flow.

Lay-offs and closings have also been announced at other copper operations across the West and around the world.

This is all very bad news IN THE NEAR TERM for the mining sector in general, and copper producers in particular (not to mention explorers). However, a high-grade discovery linked to Bisbee formation ore can be a game changer for the industry IMO, drawing virtually tons of new money to SE Arizona, even at today's low prices for copper.

But LBSR it's still a gamble at this point. Folks need to place their bets now, or fold and leave the table.

VP

New Message
Please login to post a reply