Liberty Star Uranium & Metals Corp.

Combining Classic Mineral Exploration with State of the Art Technology

Free

FWIW, was meandering in the desert around the Silverbell Mountains yesterday - beautiful day, beautiful place.  I noted that Asarco was working on a Sunday as they are taking apart a mountain west of their pit. 

The most intereting part of the day was discovering the abandoned road bed for the narrow guage railroad that ran from the original Silverbell mining camp to the smelter at Sasco, which then became the mining and commercial center of the area until WW1  Tresltes and rails are gone, but it made for an interesting hiking tail.  Saw deer, and jack rabbit, and goat prints.

We also found a can dump, probably associated with the crews that built the railroad near the turn of the previous century.

Our group stumbled upon weathered old claim stakes, and some interesting mineral samples, though none of the turquoise that used be found in the area.  ...never trespassed on Asarco property as far as I could tell. 

For this area being part of a national monument, I can tell you that access in not improved, nor is the area any better cared for than when it was just regular BLM land.  Going in there with other than 4-wheel drive is not advisable.

...thought some would like to read this to get a better mind's eye pictures of LBSR's holdings in the Silverbell's.

Search Sasco and Silverbell for hisrorical photos.

VP

Nov 20, 2017 10:56PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply