Liberty Star Uranium & Metals Corp.

Combining Classic Mineral Exploration with State of the Art Technology

Free

In conclusion, I think most shareholders would be shocked to learn that their self-appointed, part-time CEO has gathered powers-of-attorney from all other board members, leaving us with one person to represent shareholders while, in my opinion, being both unqualified for his position, and likely distracted by the priorities of his full-time employer.  This is legal from what I can find, but it strikes me as a distasteful abuse of shareholders because it detracts from what should be a system of checks and balances within an engaged board of directors.  As it is, we appear only to have BG looking out for shareholders. Could that be why we do not have a partner now, no one is looking over his shoulder on our behalf? How many many interested parties have been turned away by him, or walked away sensing his lack of full-time commitment and/or knowledge of mining and geology? Is he even reachable during normal business hours?

This is a shocking revelation.  If this is true, and I have no reason to doubt that it is, it should immediately disqualify Mr. Gross and the entire board and I would demand the resignation of every one of them that participated in this unethical scheme.  I invite Mr. Gross or any board member to take this opportunity to respond to this and offer their defense.

Were it in my power to do so as an individual, I would immediately call for elections to retire all sitting board members and restore JB to the board to at least the position of Chief Science Officer or Head Geologist.  

Completely agreed. 

You have also made the strong case for why his focus is all wrong. It doesn't seem like he listens to anyone.  Heck, if he essentially neutered the entire board then he obviously doesn't care about what they have to say, and those are the people that were previously promoted as experts in their fields.  Again, though, I would welcome input from Mr. Gross or any board member if they wish to refute these claims.

I will say that at this point I would feel much better with a different CEO and board.  It doesn't have to be JB as CEO, though I would like that.  I don't feel good about the direction we are going right now, and I suggest that it is time for a change.  I think BG knows that his hold on power is thin and that is why he is so far refusing to hold elections for officers.  Perhaps he would make a financial argument instead, but so far he hasn't addressed this question at all. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply