Liberty Star Uranium & Metals Corp.

Combining Classic Mineral Exploration with State of the Art Technology

Free

..., here is an atrociously bad piece of writing opposing the Resolution Copper project at Superior, AZ.  Right from the start, the writer gets the location wrong referring to it as Surprise, AZ (which is also near Phoenix but in the opposite direction).  And it isn't the first time he's done this.  What a dunce!  This piece also has a distorted sense of history based more on legend than fact.*  And it entirely misses the fact that a miner operating in the US surrounded by urban and suburban communities is very likely to behave quite differently from an "international miner" operating in the far outback of a different country.  

I am very familiar with Superior, AZ, and the Oak Flat area.  I even helped the Arizona climbing community (two clubs who frequent that area) make a deal to keep the area open to climbers and other members of the public on non-blasting days.  I was not directly involved in that deal, but I did help to make the introductions leading to a compromise.  That was by way of people I knew in Canadian mining circles and at the request of a friend from within my desert conservation efforts, a climber and hiking buddy. 

Anyway, this linked bit of writing is biased trash.  I am embarrassed for the Phoenix New Times which often has insightful and well-researched stories not to be seen anyplace else.

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/despite-australia-atrocity-oak-flat-mine-presses-on-11498715 

*  Anyone wanting an abbreviated version of the true story is welcome to ask me in a private message - no need to take space for it here.  

New Message
Please login to post a reply