Liberty Star Uranium & Metals Corp.

Combining Classic Mineral Exploration with State of the Art Technology

Free

The price of gold is up again today, though it dipped into the red by pennies for a short time.  Significantly, and if it closes up again, the rise will cover, I think, about eight trading days in a row. 

Seldom does anything trade for more than three days in a row without profit taking driving it down.  What we are witnessing is, therefore, unusual.  So, do not be surprised if we have a sharp correction soon, perhaps to the 2,000 level once again.

That aside, the trend is up.  However, I'm not convinced that this price rise would make RRC more valuable if lab reports were as marginal as some expected years ago.  Let me explain.

Whatever competition RRC faces as a potentially marginal producer at 300-dollar gold remains pretty much the same regarding other properties that may become available in the near future.  The more the price of gold rises above the typical cost of production, the more properties become available to producers, so there is more competition for available properties. 

But as we are there already, it is certainly worth drilling as high to bonanza grades will make a difference even if they are calculated as "equivalents" in the mix with other metals. 

In any case, I look forward to photos of the drill core, should we see any.  Visible gold would be pretty exciting.

New Message
Please login to post a reply