One mile of Ocean Front, One Incredible Real Estate Development

Multi-Billion Dollar Agreement Signed With Oman

Free
Message: Omagine Climbs 10.83% On Anticipation Of Oman Real Estate Deal

lebnjb, a split, unto itself, neither increases nor decreases a shareholders' equity one penny.(A split can flush out those marginal players as you stated, but in most cases this is insignificant). Splits are done to #1. Make a stock price higher (reverse split) to, for example, get the price over $5.00 so the it can perhaps qualify to be listed on the Nasdaq, rather than over-the- counter, or bulliten board. Or #2. Make the stock price "cheaper" to make it available(more palatable) to more of the public. (example, if a stock is trading at $200.00/share, the company may decide to split the stock 4:1, creating a $50.00 stock which may be much more appealing than a $200.00 stock) I know you know this, but I just wanted to make this clear for the other Agoracom/OMAG readers. ------------------------------My main point remains, that a split, whether it be forward or reverse, by itself, does not change ones equity at all.

WHAT DOES MATTER, is whether the price rises, or falls, AFTER the spit.-----BILL

New Message
Please login to post a reply