One mile of Ocean Front, One Incredible Real Estate Development

Multi-Billion Dollar Agreement Signed With Oman

Free

Dec 13, 2012 07:42AM

Speaking for myself ... emotionally, yes. Financially, no. I can't afford to realize these paper losses and I know that, eventually, this will get done. So I have to force myself to be patient.

But (and I hope someone from Oman is reading this) I am very, very disappointed in our business partners (and I view the Omani govt as partners in this project). They should be embarrassed. Culture or no culture, there is no excuse for continually dropping the ball. Here in the states, we call it risk management. That means, among other things, you make contingency plans for key people leaving. You institute processes to make sure your people are held accountable for getting tasks done. It means not making promises you can't or won't keep (" .... will sign during Ramadan ..."). It means a lot of things. The Omanis should try it. It's one of the ways that once made our country great. While we are no longer a great country, we were at one time. Learn from our past on how to do things right and learn from our mistakes (more recently).

More than I planned to write, but there it is, folks.

Dec 13, 2012 06:44PM

Dec 14, 2012 01:37PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply