Solid foundations. New horizons.

Free

Probe, West Timmins start drilling at West Timmins

posted on Sep 16, 2009 08:24AM

2009-09-16 08:13 ET - News Release

Also News Release (C-WTM) West Timmins Mining Inc

Dr. David Palmer of Probe Mines reports

PROBE MINES ANNOUNCES COMMENCEMENT OF DRILLING ON ITS WEST TIMMINS GOLD PROJECT BY WEST TIMMINS MINING INC.

Probe Mines Ltd. has received notification from West Timmins Mining Inc. that West Timmins Mining has commenced drilling operations on Probe's 100-per-cent-owned West Timmins (Beach) property. The West Timmins gold project is located less than 800 metres from Lakeshore Gold Corp.'s Timmins mine project and the Rusk/Porphyry zone discovery where an 83.4-metre intersection averaging 12.75 grams per tonne gold has been reported by Lakeshore-West Timmins Mining.

Previous drilling on Probe's claims immediately adjacent to the Timmins mine and new porphyry gold discovery identified alteration similar to that associated with peripheral phases of Lakeshore and West Timmins Mining's high-grade porphyry zone on their Thunder Creek property. The current drilling program will focus on testing an area of anomalous gold mineralization located in porphyries adjacent to the same sediment-volcanic contact which hosts the Thunder Creek discoveries. Drilling will also target the eastern continuation of the Bristol fault, which is spatially associated with the 1.2-million-ounce Timmins West mine slated to enter production in 2010.

New Message
Please login to post a reply