Solid foundations. New horizons.

Free

I don't want to say I told you so but I'm glad I sold at $2 . A wise man once told me not to never fall in love with any stock or any company. It seems to me like there are alot of cheerleaders on this board that have fallen in love with this stock regardless of the current market environment for junior gold miners.

Here is a question I want everyone on this board to ask yourself: Is Probe the best stock with the most upside that you can think of in this market ? ? I can name 100 better investments than Probe with more short term upside. I know all the catalysts and I understand the bullish argument that posters will make but the bottom line is that it could take years for them to begin actually mining any gold. This investment could be years of DEAD money . Ok . Ok. Most will say they are hoping for a takeover. Look at the current Gold Miner environment. How solid are all the companies in the GDX ? Look at the chart of the GDX . Is now a good time to expect a good offer of 3+ dollars ? I don't think so . I'm just trying to play devil's advocate. There's alot of cheerleaders on this board.

Let's breakdown the market by sector . You would have to admit that the Goldminers and Junior Goldminers are pretty much the worst sector so far in 2013 and in general since the market low. No one can debate that. Ok , so then you say Probe is different . It is best of breed in the Junior Goldminers sector. So , basically you are saying that you like the best stock in the worst sector. Now , ask yourself , why not find the best stock in one of the best sectors ?

The economy is getting better and investors are becoming more positive. Lot's of people in cash slowly dipping their toes in the pool. Overall , news in the world is much more positive today than it was 2 years ago. The financial crisis played a big part in Gold's big move up. Interest rates are going to start a big-time gradual rise . Once money moves out of cash and bonds there is going to be a tidleway of money that goes into stocks. This is obviously very bad for Gold as a place in the average investors allocation. Equities are about to go up to new highs people! Why not move your money into one of the sectors that is going to take advantage of this rise like Financials or Homebuilders ? My money is in a basket of Financials and a small pool of homebuilders. I also swing-trade some of the momentum stocks using stop limits. . I do think Probe has potential at some point( just not now ) I've just moved onto greener pastures.

PS - Never fall in love with a stock

Wizard

New Message
Please login to post a reply