Timmins & Beardmore - Northern Ontario

Focused on becoming a near-term Gold Producer

Free

A partial response to your question, Gaapguy

posted on Dec 04, 2007 12:23PM

First, Id like to say thanks to Gaapguy and Brulenorth for taking time to educate us all on their findings. Very well done and appreciated!

One of the items mentioned by Gaapguy really caught my attention.

As mentioned here(www.agoracom.com/ir/sagegold/message... , Northstar Drilling Co. is contracted for 30,000 meters in the Jacobus/Onaman region. I've read that it costs approximately $500 per meter to put holes in the ground, which this assumed, would describe a drilling contract worth ~$15,000,000.

To project and plan for $15,000,000 in drilling expenses, in my opinion, shows a management that is extremely confident in their capabilities and the potential of their resource. Keep in mind that although the company could ramp down if things change, that they could also ramp up further if things progress nicely.

$15,000,000 in drilling would be significant for a lot of reasons, and I think that this chart obtained from http://www.ibkcapital.com/financing.... sums the potential magnitude of this up nicely:

Company Date Gross Amount
Raised(CND$)
Noront Resources Ltd. Warrants Oct-07 $20,000,000
Hawk Uranium Inc. Flow-Through Units Oct-07 $2,000,000
MacDonald Mines Exploration Ltd. Flow Through Units and Units of Common shares and warrants Oct-07 $10,000,000
Spider Resources Inc. Flow Through Units and Units of Common shares and warrants Sep-07 $2,760,000
MacDonald Mines Exploration Ltd. Flow Through Units Sep-07 $500,000
X-Ore Resources Inc. Units of Common Shares and Warrants Jul-07 $1,200,000
Cancor Mines Inc. Units of Common Shares and Warrants Jul-07 $1,400,000
OPEL International Inc. Units of Common Shares and Warrants Jun-07 $11,460,000
West High Yield (W.H.Y.) Resources Ltd. Units of Common Shares and Warrants May-07 $2,925,000
Sustainable Energy Technologies Ltd. Units of Common Shares and Warrants May-07 $500,000
Caledonia Mining Corporation Common Shares Apr-07 $3,433,500
Western Goldfields Inc. Common Shares Apr-07 $338,887
Peat Resources Limited Common Shares Mar-07 $250,000
Capital Gold Corp. Common Shares Feb-07 $800,355
Peat Resources Limited Common Shares Jan-07 $890,664
OPEL International Inc. Convertible Debenture Jan-07 $2,360,160

These are general financings by IBK Capital since 07'. Top of the list is Noront who Im sure many of you are familiar with (Last pp was $20,000,000) and a bit further down the list is MacDonald Mines (Last pp was $10,000,000). Both quality companies imo.

For Sage to project drilling expenses on a comparable level as Noront and MacDonald, imo, may be a unique opportunity for us to extrapolate the gravity of information which an upcoming news release could potentially reveal.

Why? Public companies utulize ALL the information available to them to form operational strategy, not just information which has been publically disclosed. Drilling is an operations decision, and COULD also be projected based on nondisclosed results.

What it boils down to, is that IF Sage drills 30,000 meters, they will need a pp imo at least comperable to that received by MacDonald Mines. To achieve this sort of financing a company would have to have a very strong indication of what lay in the ground.

From what Im reading, the drilling has been planned........

Form your own conclusions as always. This is just one of many reasons I'll continue to hold Sage through highs and lows in light of the greater picture.

Gaapguy, Im sorry Im not able to answer your question. However, I think there is a strong likelihood that with great preliminary results, Sage should in the least be able to secure their next pp above the $1 mark, which would be great for those of us already in.

New Message
Please login to post a reply