Timmins & Beardmore - Northern Ontario

Focused on becoming a near-term Gold Producer

Free

OT [sort of] What does it really mean when we hear

posted on Dec 16, 2007 11:22AM

phrases like "the market says" or "the market has spoken", etc? I am sure that some here would encourage me to take a basic 101 course in stock market economics and how "it really works". That may be true but then, perhaps the good old 'fourth estate' in the US Government [The Fed] and the geniuses in the banking and business community should take the course with me.

To me, if you want to be able to legitimately say, "the market has shown or told us" such and such about a particular company or industry, it should be based on hard evidence; like sales, cost reduction, factual discoveries/ inventions, debt, cash flow, quality  leadership and other solid factors and not on the agenda [games] that the boyz [flippers, shorters, day traders,  funds,  large shareholders. corporate crooks, etc., may have.

If Sage, as an example, came out with a very nice press release and a cartel or large entity with an agenda [accululating our shares or looking down stream for 51% of Sage] and a ton of shares, were to sell a load of them using several houses [happens all the time] and it resulted in the stock going down, people would say that "the market didn't act favorably", when in fact that wasn't the case at all. 

The point of the post is to not only get your thoughts on what you think the phrase, "The market has told us" really means but to also say that IF Sage really has alot of great goods on their properties and these finds can be economically mined, then prepare yourselves for the whole range of positive and negative actions and reactions in the stocks price, some of which will not be telling the true Sage story. Be very careful when you hear people say, 'well, the market has just told us that ....". Use wisdom, discernment and common sense based on your own DD and not based on what others are saying or even in some cases what the so-called market is saying.

Best wishes.   

Jerry Francis

New Message
Please login to post a reply