Timmins & Beardmore - Northern Ontario

Focused on becoming a near-term Gold Producer

Free

Shipping heavy and large crates of core samples would not be a problem for SGX, KXL, ONT, LME, ATV etc... as the highway goes right by their properties, two hours max., from Thunder Bay and the highway is not as conjested as say in Toronto or Miami, so getting samples here is fast.

I think Als used the site at the airport as there has been alot of new construction at the airport and some buildings were empty and would fit their business, plus their other lab is on the other side of the highway, 1/2 mile away on Commerce Avenue from their new site. No one likes large trucks coming in and out of neighbourhoods therefore airport is a perfect location. The Confederation College is their aviation program location therefore I think has no bearing on the mining business.

How many companies are up here looking for minerals? There has to be hundreds from Red Lake to James Bay area. I'm sure some send samples to other locations in Canada. Out of all these companies I don't exactly know how many have extensive drill programs. With the mild winters and prices of the minerals up there many companies are drilling. There is alot of work going on in the Beardmore area, Red Lake, Marathon area, Shebandewon, Fort Francis, Nipigon, Timmins area and thats just the one's that come to mind. Last I heard International Nickel, INV has property up here also or in the McFaulds area (James Bay) which is starting to boom. No matter what the labs are still going to be busy as the labs don't pay a high wage, I heard it's around 10 dollars an hour, which may sound high in Florida but here its fairly low as minimum wage is just over 8 dollars an hour. ALS's other lab are always hiring so I think there's no mad rush for these jobs. Hopefully this helps alittle bit. Bottom line with the new lab samples might be faster but we'll have to wait and see, I don't see a fast fix here but that's my opion well have a great weekend all! Sorry about all the babbling! Jokal

New Message
Please login to post a reply