Timmins & Beardmore - Northern Ontario

Focused on becoming a near-term Gold Producer

Free

Thanks guys

posted on May 29, 2008 05:47PM

But I have to say I'm basically just taking a stab in the dark to try to figure out the bigger picture here. Because I have so little geological knowledge, ( but I'm working on changing that!) I am not limited by the bounds of facts....LOL

When I think about the massive size of the mineralization in the area, and when I say that, I'm thinking all the pink/red mag highs Kodiak scooped up on their Beardmore/Geraldton "Golden Empire" maps, as well as the historic and current gold producers in this greenstone belt, I have to wonder, how was all this massive mineralization introduced to the area, and in such a continuous fashion? Not to mention there seems to be very distinct metals in different areas as we go along. Sage is getting high grades of silver, and the copper is nothing to sneeze at. So far, Kodiak's got the bragging rights for gold mineralization, but they could have some competition soon! And then there's some evidence of nickel at Sleeping Giant.

Then I start reading about folds,since that was in the NR too...

Because different rocks behave differently under stress, we expect that some rocks when subjected to the same stress will fracture or fault, while others will fold. When such contrasting rocks occur in the same area, such as ductile rocks overlying brittle rocks, the brittle rocks may fault and the ductile rocks may bend or fold over the fault

Also since even ductile rocks can eventually fracture under high stress, rocks may fold up to a certain point then fracture to form a fault.

Then I start looking up what the heck an Archean craton is, and I realize some of these continuous stretches of mineralization might be where the pieces of our now-united continent were subducting and all those things young continents will do!

The Wyoming, Superior and Hearne cratons were once sections of separate continents, but today they are all welded together. The collision of these cratons began before ca. 1.77 Ga, with post-tectonic magmatism at ca. 1.715 Ga (the Harney Peak granite).

So could it be that all this recently discovered mineralization in Beardmore/Geraldton is there because it is close to one of the "welded seams' where tectonic plates collided before joining up?

Anyways, the fact that you've got a junior explorer like Sage announcing that it wants to go into production should probably make the mining community stand up and pay attention. That's a very bold statement to make, and when they use words like "convinced", and not some watered down "forward looking statements" legalese, I think their confidence in this area is shining through.

Interesting times to be a Sage shareholder!

GLTAL

New Message
Please login to post a reply