Timmins & Beardmore - Northern Ontario

Focused on becoming a near-term Gold Producer

Free
Message: "forget the share price for the moment..." Marlin & the forum.

"forget the share price for the moment..." Marlin & the forum.

posted on Oct 15, 2008 07:23AM

Marlin, IMO you are correct in making that statement. Sage and other juniors are concentrating on building their respective companies. We have a ways to go but we are trucking along notwithstanding the growing pains and some mistakes that a young company makes along the way. Of course the share price matters when it comes to PP's but they can't lie down and die because of market manipulation including excessive shorting if those are factors involved. I just wish I had some cash to pick up more shares at these prices.

I was reading an article a while back that said that the comex is not at all a relieble index for pricing gold as it is to closely related to the funds. So when we see gold at a certain price on that index we should keep thinking 'supply and demand' because if the dealers are going to charge you $50-$75 over spot because of that factor [and greed no doubt] then that is what retail gold is really going for. After the price of gold dropped, friend of mine from the mid west went to a dealer and that guy was charging $100. over spot because he said that he and other dealers couldn't even get any gold [Another good reason to own Sage] and that the comex prices do not tell the total story of golds value. So again supply and demand was partially a factor in his charging those kind of prices.

All the best,

Jerry Francis

New Message
Please login to post a reply