Timmins & Beardmore - Northern Ontario

Focused on becoming a near-term Gold Producer

Free

Tomorrow SGX be 49 days into GE drilling since official drilling announcement June 8th...

49 x 54m per day = ~2,650m

Remember this 54m/day is based on previous Jacobus Ni-Cu drilling (1 drill) and includes release of some assays.

Would have to think there is no question initial 1,500m is complete. Based on previous non-response re: '2 phase drill program' woud seem likely they have altered plans and continued to drill more than initialy announced 1,500m IMO. This is nothing to complain about LOL. Maybe even added second drill? Maybe maybe not.

We are starting to get well into 2009 summer exploration season... they have said they plan to strip and trench toward KXL border to establish unquestionable continuity with Golden Mile. Has this started yet? Have they uncovered additional metres of existing structure? Have they found any new structures via stripping and trenching and/or drilling? Have cores been sent for re-assay? Is there visible gold? Do results to date indicate potential for high-grade Au open-pittable resource? Who will be appointed to SGX board from CPW board/management? So many questions.

CPW-v acquisition now approved by its shareholders. IMO we could get news at any time.

red911

42 Days into Golden Extension Drilling...

posted on Jul 20, 09 09:04AM

42 days x 54m per day = ~2,200m

Would have to think results are close... at least closer than last week LOL.

Maybe they've started the second 1,500m by now?... Who knows.

red911

-------------------------------------------------

35 Days into Golden Extension Drilling...

posted on Jul 14, 09 10:41AM

Now actually (at least) into 36th day of Golden Extension drillind based on drilling announcement on June 8th.

35 days x 54m per day = ~1,900m

Would be hard to believe they are not finished or almost completely drilling 1,500m by now. Also highly likely assays (at least some) have been completed and received.

Why no news? Your guess is as good as mine... Still analyzing assays? Many assays sent back for re-assay? Found nothing worth reporting? Everyone on holidays? Convenient 'delays' to correspond with CPW-v approval?

One thing if for sure... SGX has been abnormally quiet and tight-lipped during the past 3-4 months IMO. One look at drilling announcement is proof of this. Why? Again, your guess is as good as mine. I do know even I am getting tired of all the 'waiting' LOL.

red911

28 Days into Golden Extension Drilling...

posted on Jul 06, 09 08:16AM

28 days x 54m per day = 1,512m

Are they done the first phase? News this week? Or, do we wait until after CPW-v vote and approval process late-July?

If previous drill programs at Jacobus are any indication, then yes but anything can happen. Also remember, they have had assays back for some holes in this amount of time for similar programs in the past.

red911

21 Days into Golden Extension Drilling...

posted on Jun 29, 09 02:39PM

Will keep posting until we get results...

Now 21 days into drill program at Golden Extension. At historical rate of about 54m per day, they should be at just over 1,100m drilled. First phase orignially announced to be 1,500m so they could be complete by about this time next week. This rate of 54m per day based on a couple of historical programs at Jacobus (see below) and does include time for a few drill location changes. Also, SGX has delivered results in this time as well... 'IF' first few cores were submitted after the first week or so, they could be ready very soon. Big question is 'IF'. 'IF' not we wait until who knows when.

Questions I have about results... do veins get thicker (at least a little) at depth? have they discovered any new veins? have they been successful intersecting multiple veins? will high-grade shallow DRILL results warrant a halt? will we see SGX positive results influence KXL share price (for a change)? are they continuting to strip and trench to the NW? etc.

red911

------------------------------------------------------

14 Days into Golden Extension Drilling...

posted on Jun 22, 09 10:49AM

SGX is now into its 14th day of drilling Golden Extension vein structures.

Based on historical drilling average of 54 metres per day, which includes comparable number of drill location changes...

SGX has likely drilled at least 700m, or 7 of its planned 15 or so 100m holes... maybe a little more or less.

That's about half way through the 1st 1,500m phase of drilling. Another 2 weeks and drilling will be complete IMO.

Rgarding assays... the relevant question here is whether SGX has sent individual cores for assay as they have come out of the ground OR if they are holding on to cores to send as a group... If they have sent the first 3 or so holes drilled in the first week of drilling it is POSSIBLE they have recevied these assays or will be receiving them over next few days.

What do people think... cores sent individually or as a group?... Obvious answer is that it depends what the geologists see in them... therefore, based on surface work (VG and high-grade sampling results) can we be somewhat confident these cores will be sent for immediate assay?

red911

Drilling and Assay Time Reference...

posted on Jun 10, 09 08:03AM

FWIW... About this time in 2007...

re: Drilling... SGX announced a 2,000m program at Jacobus Cu-Ni. They completed 6 holes (and reported assays from 1 hole) of this initial 2,000m drill program in about 37 days (about 54m per day). SGX then extended drill program to 3,800m and completed an additional 7 holes in another about 33 days (also about 54m per day). Therefore, to change drill locations ~13 times and drill 3,800 meters took 70 days and averaged just over 54m per day.

Therefore... SGX Golden Extension initial program started on or about June 8th... estimated to be 1,500m... using 54m per day (which was exact same rate in previous Jacobus drilling)... IMO this drill program could be complete in about 28 days (July 5th). They have indicated drilling 15 or so 100m holes. However, they have also said multiple holes (I am guessing 2 or max 3) could be drilled from same drill location. Therefore, they will likely not need to move drill 15 times... IMO 8-10 movements maximum will be necessary (i.e. less than 2007 program when they changed 13 times and still averaged 54m per day).

re: Assays... It seems in 2007 that other than the 1 hole reported after the first 6 holes, all assays were submitted for assay simultaneously after the entire program was completed. Remaining assays were expected in early August. Would also seem the 1 hole reported was sent for immediate assay because it did contain "best nickel hole to date at Jacobus". Therefore, safe to assume that if other holes looked of similar quality they would have also been sent for immediate or near-immediate assay.

Therefore, if previous Jacobus program is any indication... and I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be... 1 drill, virtually same location, likely same crews... if the first few holes look promising enough to send from immediate assay, some assays would also be possible by this estimated drilling completion date of July 5th. With all the talk of visible gold on surface and found in the samples one would think this will be the case.

Would multiple high-grade hits per hole near surface over multiple holes warrant a halt or two? Me think yes. Not dealing with channel samples anymore. Let's hope.

red911

P.S. I think this is a possible completion date but I still say SGX will delay these results until Puma transaction closes. I hope I am wrong but I have seen this before. Don't agree with it but it happens. All we can do is hope that it closes sooner than they anticipated and not "sometime in July".

New Message
Please login to post a reply