Timmins & Beardmore - Northern Ontario

Focused on becoming a near-term Gold Producer

Free

August 7, 2009...

posted on Jul 10, 2009 12:06PM

CPW-v votes on SGX acquisition at their July 23, 2009 meeting but there are many other things (likely being done as we speak) that must get done before this is formally approved by the exchange. As per May 21, 2009 NR:

"Completion of the transaction is subject to a number of other conditions precedent, including receipt by Puma of a favourable fairness opinion, and receipt of all necessary shareholder, stock exchange, court and regulatory approvals."

As per CPW-v Management Information Circular:

"Effective Date of the Arrangement:

If the Arrangement Resolution is passed, the Final Order is obtained, every other requirement of the BCBCA relating to the Arrangement is complied with and all other conditions disclosed below under “The Arrangement Agreement” are satisfied or waived, the Arrangement will become effective on the Effective Date. The Company and Sage currently expect that the Effective Date will be on or about August 7, 2009."

Could be sooner. If you believe SGX is being held down or that Golden Extension assays will not be released until CPW-v transaction finalized, neither likely to occur until Effective Date is reached. IMO it will be during the first week of August (as Tibber just said).

P.S. Remember, in addition to the cash and Kinross 8.6% ownserhip stake in SGX that will results from this acquisition... Nigel also points out (an seems excited) in webcast interview that SGX will retain 1 experienced board member from existing CPW-v board and that will be announced (I am guessing with formal approval announcement). Anyone care to speculate who this new SGX board member might be? My money is on Geoffrey P. Gold, Executive VP and Chief Legal Officer with Kinross Gold. Would make the most sense given Kinross' resulting 8.6% stake in SGX, but I guess we will have to wait to find out for sure.

Don't underestimate the value of Kinross' involvement here IMO. It is no accident and they would not waste their time with SGX if they did not believe there was potential for a deposit.

red911

New Message
Please login to post a reply