Timmins & Beardmore - Northern Ontario

Focused on becoming a near-term Gold Producer

Free

Why Kinross? This might be worth some thought.

posted on Dec 28, 2009 11:08AM

We know how they got here. It wasn't directly through or because of Sage itself.

Was it because they wanted to begin to have a presense in the GB area and not directly because of Sage? [Let's see if they begin to show up elsewhere in the area.]

Do they like what the see in Sage yet not enough to openly publisized their initial involvement with the tiny junior? At this point in time is it really worth it to announce their small involvement with Sage, and have some people think they are putting the Kinross stamp of approval on Sage? [That might be a reasonable explaination.]

Did Godfrey Gold, a senior Kinross officer and the company's top attorney simply come with the Puma deal because of the Russian connection that Puma was [past tense] involved in and it's international complications required the presense of Mr. gold? [Perhaps so but he could have simply replaced himself with a lower ranking guy.]

Could it be that Kinross will turn out to be 101% for Kinross and prove NOT to be a 'friend' of ours at all? [It wouldn't be the first time that happened.]

Perhaps they could care less about Sage other than to wait for us to run into some financial difficulty so they could step in to, er, shall I say, "help us"?[I hope not.]

While companies often do take over smaller companies that got into some sort of difficulty, is this really the main thrust of Kinross Gold? Would it not be better for all concerned for a big company to try to build up smaller ones in hopes of taking them out in a healthy buyout scenario? [IMO, that makes more sense and again I hope that to be the case and yes, I have heard about tax losses. LOL]

I am glad that Nigel is a finance guy and yes we all know about the dangers of dilution and the ever present threat of a reverse split that many juniors face but as of this moment, I personally do not see disaster at hand BUT rather that something good is going on behind all those closed door sessions that the company has had.

Sure this is pure conjecture on my part but it was designed to get some thoughts from youse guys/gals.

All the best to all concerned in 2010.

Jerry

New Message
Please login to post a reply