Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free

Good Evening Folks,

It always comes back to the calculators and the math when we are practicing patience while waiting for the Tesoro drill permit. It is always hard to look and see the numbers when you start this process as it is hard to imagine what could be just around the corner. The numbers just get too big and it feels like a dream.

I was looking at the market today as per usual and one of our peers had a news release out to help with our comparatives. I have always used Ventana as a great evaluation tool or peer company comparison with SLI.

Here are some of the details of the release - please take some time to read it on your own and let me know if this validates or challenges any of our evaluation numbers we have tossed around here.

New Release cutouts:

Ventana Gold Corp. has released an initial independent National Instrument 43-101-compliant mineral resource estimate and the scoping study results for its 100-per-cent-owned La Bodega gold project in the California gold district of northern Colombia. The scoping study and initial resource calculation work represent the aggregate technical analysis conducted to-date on a portion of the La Bodega and La Mascota mineralized zones that exist within Ventana's La Bodega project. All figures are in US Dollars except as otherwise noted.

Highlights of the report include:

-- Average annual production for the first six full years of 347,000 gold equivalent (AuEq)(i) ounces, which is comprised of 301,000 ounces of gold, 1.4 million ounces of silver and 6.9 million pounds of copper -- Average cash costs of $322 per ounce of gold for the first six full years, net of silver and copper by-product credits -- Pre-tax internal rate of return (IRR)(i) of 34% -- Estimated start-up capital cost of $297 million -- Pre-tax net present value (NPV)(i) (5%) of $807 million -- Inferred mineral resource of 3.5 million ounces of gold, 19.2 million ounces of silver and 84.6 million pounds of copper -- Mine life of 14 years at a planned production rate of up to 7,500 tonnes per day -- Additional opportunities: - Resource expansion from ongoing drilling with surface exploration drills focusing on La Baja, Las Mercedes, Aserradero, and the gap area between the La Bodega and La Mascota zones - Resource expansion from underground drilling to explore deep extensions of the ore body past the current depth of the mineral resource - Improved mineral recovery from metallurgical optimization work conducted at a site-based pilot processing plant - Increased production from further exploration and development of the known areas of mineralization (i) based on $1,000 per ounce gold price, $17 per ounce silver price and $3.00 per pound copper price.

"The scoping study results and resource estimate for La Bodega demonstrate the robust economics and value this project has to offer," said Stephen Orr, President and Chief Executive Officer of Ventana Gold. "These results confirm our belief that the La Bodega project is one of the most exciting emerging gold deposits in South America. Concurrent with on-going exploration efforts to upgrade and expand the resource, we will now focus on completion

I look forward to the discussions this will generate. I feel if Ventana got a 15% bump from this news and is presently at $10.80/share, SLI is in for some very nice days ahead. Of course once the permit comes and the drilling starts.

Go Long.......................SLI

New Message
Please login to post a reply