Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free
Message: Re: Surface seismic techniques used in gold exploration

I don't mean to suggest for a minute that this has anything to do with the Titan 24. I am much indebted to you, Hog, Primed and others for your explanations and help in my understanding of the geology and relationships of the faults and numerous very rich gold bearing veins. That being said, there is a limit of the Titan regarding the depth of any anomaly. I am of the view that the perhaps six or seven (who knows) gold bearing strata I referred to could extend under the whole property and may hold significant grades of gold.

If surface sampling were to be carried out on a couple of these layers and worthwhile grades obtained, then a seismic survey from the top might ascertain that the possibility does exist that the visible layers extend all the way under and to the bottom of the mountain. If so, then as stated, sound sources from the side might give the possible estimated width of these layers. Then a single drill hole of six or seven thousand feet might give some confirmation that there is extensive mineralization to the bottom and entertain the possibility that there is a lot more gold below the Titan capabilities, particularly if the grades become richer with depth. The Dynacor site is down so I can’t check to see if any samplings of these visible layers have been performed by that company.

As you mentioned, seismic surveys can extend to very deep layers of the earth and are used extensively by Slumberger and like companies. Interesting also that very low frequency sound can be carried through water for very long distances and there is some evidence that these waves generated by submarines are responsible for destroying the inner ears of beached whales causing their balance disruption. Not that there are any sensitive creatures on Tesoro property that hasn’t seen rain for 25 years!

New Message
Please login to post a reply